Sunday, August 9, 2015

Improve Your Fishing Karma

          Confidence is huge. Misguided or not, confidence is an important factor when it comes to fishing. So this means that all fishermen are superstitious to an extent. That's why we ask "any luck?" Because without luck, it would mean we're just not good and that could never be the case. 
Now I'm the type of person whom without bad luck, I wouldn't have much luck at all. So if there's a reasonable way I might improve my luck, I'll do it. 

I have a secret tip on improving luck and I'll share it with you. I know others whom have adopted this ritual as well. Because let's face it, sometimes it's better to be lucky than good.

When I'm having a bad day fishing and feeling like I should have stayed in bed. Instead of acting like I'm never fishing again, I'll just call it a day and start to pick up spent fishing trash. Just grab a bag, (I try to always have one in my tackle) and fill it up and dispose of it properly. Its disgusting, I know, disgusting how quickly the bag is filled. 

People who fish with me know how much fishing trash bothers me. It's just so disrespectful it boggles the mind. In my lifetime of fishing, I'm sure I've created trash too. So I pick up more than my share. I also figure it's harder for people to litter in a clean place. It doesn't take long to notice the difference at your fishing spots either. 

Another added bonus is all the stuff you find. My buddy found a Roman Made Negotiator, another found a Deps 250, and I've found many Hudds and Damascus blade pocket knife that I still have and think is very cool. (Valued @ $200) 

I swear that it's almost guaranteed that you will "have luck" on the next outing. It all depends on what you already owe. 

Remember to give it a try and see for yourself what good fishing Karma can do. You already know what confidence can do. 

No comments:

Post a Comment